Intro and Context: Needs Analysis and Autobiography
The Introduction and Context Section
The Introduction and context section should contain
- An introduction to the work.
This outlines what the work is about, sets the context, and how the work is structured.
- Needs Analysis and Justification.
This justifies the work with reference to national, local, institutional and personal reasons for undertaking the work.
- Professional Autobiography
This outlines your professional experiences, your beliefs and attitudes and how these have made your research subjective.
The Introduction and Context is not the plan!!!!!!!! (although it may contain some of the information in it). Please do not simply submit your plan as an introduction.
For this task you need to:
• Brainstorm the likely sources you will need to consult in order to complete a needs analysis (eg school plans, government policy etc)
• Analyse school, local and national needs
(As ever, the module guide will supply more detail if needed)
Share and discuss in the online community
Write a brief paragraph here outlining the following:
• Outline the details of your professional life that have informed your interest in this enquiry
• Describe any critical or significant incidents that have informed your thinking about this enquiry
• What beliefs and values are revealed by these stories? Share and discuss in the online community